Monday 13 February 2017

Japan - Gotochi Card

January 30, 2017

This beautiful card came to me from Yokohama in Kanagawa Prefecture and was sent by Erika.  She wrote the card and put a nice stamp and a friendly note on the back, so I really liked it.

Erika wrote,
"Hello Helen ๐Ÿ˜ƒ
My name is Erika. I live with two budgies inYokohama.  My budgie's name are Anzu and Yuzu.  They can speak some words.  This card is "Minato Mirai 21". I often go there to shop.  I hope that you like this card too.

Erika."

The interesting thing is that I have been to Yokohama a couple of times, the last being about 3 years ago, just before a terrible snowstorm hit the area.  I ended up being stuck in a city near Yokohama for an extra day as all of the trains were stopped.  I went to Minato Mirai 21 and did a little shopping and eating there.  It was a very interesting area to visit.

Minato Mirai 21
 I rarely see this stamp as I don't usually buy stamps in this amount. It is rather pretty!

No comments: