Thursday 2 February 2017

Black and White - Actress and Writer

January 23, 2017


This great card came from Germany with a lovely note on the back from the sender.  She didn't write her name on the card but her note was friendly and chatty which I loved.

She wrote,

"Hello Helen,
Many greetings from the Bremen town musicians in the north of Germany, where I live together with my family, 2 dogs and 6 cats.  

My favorite films are French comedies, because my husband comes from the Provence.

Don't forget to smile today!  

We have now a lot of snow and sunny weather.  Our dogs love snow, the cats not!"

I really like this card.  It seems so "normal" in a way.  I know Marilyn Monroe was married to Arthur Miller, but it really is a frozen moment of time, not sure if it was posed first or not.  

Marilyn Monroe and Arthur Miller, New York City, 1957
I think the big blueish stamp is a new one.  I don't think that I have seen it before.  I hope to get a less stamped version of it sometime!

No comments: