Wednesday 11 January 2017

Russia - Food

December 22, 2016

This is the last Postcrossing card that I received in 2016!

It came from Elena in Russia and looks incredibly delicious.  I love raspberries and they are hard to find in Japan.  There is a gorgeous stamp on the back too as you will see later on.

Elena wrote,

"Dear Helen,
My name is Elena. I'm 38 y.o. for last 10 years!  I've been living in Moscow,  Russia.  Originally I'm from the Far East of Russia - Khabarousk City, much closer to Japan than Moscow.

I love skiing in Alps and have very beautiful hobby--historical reconstruction of Viking Period (9 centuries).  I dream to visit Japan.

Regards, Elena"

Raspberry Dessert - Photo by Daria Norkina
 There were actually 3 stamps of the denomination of 10p. but I didn't want to show Elena's handwriting on the card, so I cropped one out.  Sorry. It's a common stamp.  The other one, the big yellow stamp is very cool, like many Russian stamps.  It looks like someone on a throne, and the frame and the artwork inside the frame are slightly raised, so the whole thing has texture.  It's rather amazing.


And with this post, 2016 rests....for the most part!

No comments: