Friday 30 September 2016

Czech Republic

September 20, 2016

This card came from the Czech Republic and was sent by Jana.  She wrote quite a long message on the back of the card, and used a couple of great stamps on it too, so I thought I'd share this card with you now.

Jana wrote,

"Hello, my name is Jana.  I live in Zlin (regional capital of southeast Moravia) in Czech Republic.  There is functionalist architecture in Zlin. The most building is the Bata skyscraper.  It has only 17 floors, but it was second tallest building in Europe in 1938.
I forties and I work as a clerk at the county office. I married and I have 2 daughters (16, 13). My favorite movie is 'Under the Tuscan Sun'. I wish you all the best, Jana
Greetings from my younger daughter Marketa."

I have seen the stamp on the left before, the one on the right is new to me.  


No comments: